Washington County Food Pantry Qualifications
- The following criteria automatically qualify individuals for assistance:
- Those eligible for Medicare/Medicaid
- Those eligible for SSI
- Those eligible for WIC
- Those eligible for Food Stamps
- Senior Citizens
- Single moms with sole custody of children
- Single dads with sole custody of children
- You will be asked to provide identification by one of the following methods:
- Driver’s License (or photo I.D.)
- Social Security number
Washington County Food Pantry Guidelines
- Qualified individuals are limited to the food pantry one time per month (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- Capable individuals are welcomed to volunteer
- One person or family per address
Joseph’s Coat has partnered with the Food Bank for the Heartland to provide Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) through a USDA grant.
To read our nondiscrimination policy, please click on the following here.
PANTRY HOURS OF OPERATION
Sunday – Closed
Monday – 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, closed 12:30 pm – 1:00 pm
Tuesday – 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, closed 12:30 pm – 1:00 pm
Wednesday – Closed
Thursday – 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, closed 12:30 pm – 1:00 pm
Friday – 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, closed 12:30 pm – 1:00 pm
Saturday – 9:00 am to 11:30 am
Thrift store and food pantry closed on major holidays.
Meal Time Magic
SIGN UP TODAY FOR A FREE COOKING CLASS!
To sign up for the next class, please call 402-426-0440.
Come join Meal Time Magic for a FREE nutrition and hands-on cooking class!
In this course you will learn about healthy eating on a budget and how to maximize the food in your pantry to create delicious, healthy, and affordable meals. Classes are taught by a culinary and nutrition professionals. Participants will also take home free groceries and other goodies to practice their skills!
Learn Skills like:
- Adding more fruits and vegetables to your meals
- Identifying whole grains
- Knife skills and food safety
- Reading food labels
- And how to prepare a meal for a family of 4 for under $10!!
Providing affordable and quality clothes and household items to individuals and families in need across Washington County.