Washington County Food Pantry Qualifications
- The following criteria automatically qualify individuals for assistance:
- Those eligible for Medicare/Medicaid
- Those eligible for SSI
- Those eligible for WIC
- Those eligible for Food Stamps
- Senior Citizens
- Single moms with sole custody of children
- Single dads with sole custody of children
- Participants must be a Washington County Resident and provide proof of residence by one of the following methods:
- Current Bill / Statement (OPPD, cable, phone, etc.)
- Current Renters Agreement
- Driver’s License (or photo I.D.)
- Social Security #First time users must supply:
Washington County Food Pantry Guidelines
- Qualified individuals are limited to the food pantry one time per month (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- Capable individuals are welcomed to volunteer
- One person or family per address
Joseph’s Coat has partnered with the Food Bank for the Heartland to provide Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) through a USDA grant.
To read our nondiscrimination policy, please click on the following here.
SIGN UP TODAY FOR A FREE COOKING CLASS!
Please check back soon for fall dates.
For questions, call 402-426-0440
Come join COOKING MATTERS® for a FREE nutrition and hands-on cooking class!
In this course you will learn about healthy eating on a budget and how to maximize the food in your pantry to create delicious, healthy, and affordable meals. Classes are taught by a culinary and nutrition professionals. Participants will also take home free groceries and other goodies to
practice their skills!
Learn Skills like:
- Adding more fruits and vegetables to your meals
- Identifying whole grains
- Knife skills and food safety
- Reading food labels
- And how to prepare a meal for a family of 4 for under $10!!
Mobile Food Pantry
The Mobile Food Pantry is a traveling “farmers market” style, one-day distribution in counties where there is a need for additional pantry service. Joseph’s Coat has collaborated with the Food Bank for the Heartland by purchasing pallets of food and household items at an extremely reduced rate. The Food Bank delivers the goods, which consist of products with an emphasis on perishable items such as fresh produce, meats and bakery items. Volunteers distribute the food free of charge to those who come to the Mobile Pantry seeking assistance.
Joseph’s Coat is working to secure grant funding to hold Mobile Pantries on a regular basis and extend them to communities throughout the area.
For more information about volunteering or making a donation to the Mobile Pantry project, contact Joseph’s Coat at 402.426.0440.
Providing affordable and quality clothes and household items to individuals and families in need across Washington County.