Washington County Food Pantry Qualifications
- The following criteria automatically qualify individuals for assistance:
- Those eligible for Medicare/Medicaid
- Those eligible for SSI
- Those eligible for WIC
- Those eligible for Food Stamps
- Senior Citizens
- Single moms with sole custody of children
- Single dads with sole custody of children
- You will be asked to provide identification by one of the following methods:
- Driver’s License (or photo I.D.)
- Social Security number
Washington County Food Pantry Guidelines
- Qualified individuals are limited to the food pantry one time per month (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- Capable individuals are welcomed to volunteer
- One person or family per address
Joseph’s Coat has partnered with the Food Bank for the Heartland to provide Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) through a USDA grant.
To read our nondiscrimination policy, please click on the following here.
Meal Time Magic
SIGN UP TODAY FOR A FREE COOKING CLASS!
Classes start May 25, 2017.
To sign up for the next class, please call 402-426-0440.
Come join Meal Time Magic for a FREE nutrition and hands-on cooking class!
In this course you will learn about healthy eating on a budget and how to maximize the food in your pantry to create delicious, healthy, and affordable meals. Classes are taught by a culinary and nutrition professionals. Participants will also take home free groceries and other goodies to practice their skills!
Learn Skills like:
- Adding more fruits and vegetables to your meals
- Identifying whole grains
- Knife skills and food safety
- Reading food labels
- And how to prepare a meal for a family of 4 for under $10!!
Mobile Food Pantry
The Mobile Food Pantry is a traveling “farmers market” style, one-day distribution in counties where there is a need for additional pantry service. Joseph’s Coat has collaborated with the Food Bank for the Heartland by purchasing pallets of food and household items at an extremely reduced price. The Food Bank delivers the goods, which consist of products with an emphasis on perishable items such as fresh produce, meats and bakery items. Volunteers distribute the food free of charge to those who come to the Mobile Food Pantry seeking assistance.
The Mobile Food Pantries are scheduled for 2017 will take place in August and December.
For more information about assistance, volunteering or making a donation to the Mobile Food Pantry project, contact Joseph’s Coat at 402.426.0440.
Providing affordable and quality clothes and household items to individuals and families in need across Washington County.